20 Tips For Selling Your Home
As a homeowner, you can play an important part in the timely sale of your property. When you take the following steps, you'll help us sell your home faster and at the best possible price.
1. Curb Appeal - First Impression - A well manicured lawn, neatly trimmed shrubs and a clutter free porch welcome prospects. So does a freshly painted or at least freshly scrubbed front door.
2. Invest a Few Hours - Here's your chance to cleanup in real estate. Clean up the living room, the bathroom, the kitchen. If your woodwork is scuffed or the paint is fading, consider some minor redecorating.
3. Check Faucets and Bulbs - Dripping water rattles the nerves, discolors sinks and suggest faulty plumbing. Burned out bulbs leave prospects in the dark. Don't let little problems detract from what's right with your home.
4. Don't Shut Out A Sale - If cabinets or closet doors stick in your home, you can be sure they will stick in a prospects mind. Don't try to explain away stick situations when you can easily plane them away. A little effort on your part can smooth the way to a closing.
5. Safety First - Homeowners learn to live with all kinds of self-set booby traps: roller skates on the stairs, festooned extension cords, slippery throw rugs and low hanging overhead lights. Make your residence as non-perilous as possible for uninitiated visitors.
6. Make Room For Space - Remember, potential buyers are looking for more than just a comfortable living space. They're looking for storage space also. Make sure your attic and basement are clean and free of unnecessary items.
7. Consider Your Closets - The better organized a closet, the larger it appears. Now's the time to box up those unwanted clothes and donate them to charity.
8. Make Your Bathrooms Sparkle - Bathrooms sell homes, so let them shine. Check and repair damaged or unsightly caulking in the tubs and showers. For added allure, display your best towels, mats and shower curtains.
9. Create Dream Bedrooms - Wake up prospects to the cozy comforts of your bedrooms. For a spacious look get rid of excess furniture. Colorful bedspreads and clean windows are a must.
10. Open Up In The Daytime - Let the sun shine in! Open all blinds and shutters, roll back drapes.
More To come!!!!